Hanmer is a 90-minute journey to the Alpine Village, North West of Christchurch. It is set in the Canterbury district. The encompassing mountains are home to a great range of mountain bike and hiking trails. A popular retreat for residents and tourists alike. This is a great weekend spot if you are in search of adventure. The area is abundant in activities for thrill seekers or just wanting a relaxing time with nature. If you are traveling as a family, the children will be kept active with loads of fun things to do daily. My Hanmer Springs Day tour is an 8-hour day tour, filled with stunning landscapes, relaxation and breath-taking views.
We enjoy homemade morning tea overlooking the Amuri basin followed by some sightseeing in Hanmer. We are spoilt for choice with golf, short nature walks, jet boat,skiing, horse riding and even bungy jumping are options available in this area. After a delicious homemade picnic lunch, you can soak and relax in the pools for an hour or two. Relax your mind, body and soul with a relaxing Spa Journey and choose from a variety of Body Therapies at The Spa at Hanmer Springs, various spa packages available at an additional cost.
On the return journey, we can visit a winery or explore some wine tasting at the famous Waipara Valley.
The town has a population of just over 800 people and was originally famous for its rehabilitation centre. Over the years, this Rehab Centre has helped those returning soldiers injured from the first world war. This Rehab centre, along with a Tuberculosis and more recently as a Drug Rehabilitation Centre which was closed in 2003. The areas main attraction is undoubtedly its Hot Springs and after a day’s mountain biking, golfing or hiking – what can be more relaxing than soaking in the hot pools and taking in the glorious scenery.
View my other tours to see a snippet of popular and unforgettable tour experiences in New Zealand.
• Hanmer Springs – Unleash your wild side at the exhilarating 13.5m high hydro water slide tower – Great family activity and a hit for all ages. Prices starting from just $5
• Take a Jet Boat Ride on Waiau River or challenge the Bungy Jump or try clay pigeon shooting – Hanmer Springs Adventure options
• 9 holes of Golf or Go Mountain Biking in Hanmer
Highlights of the tour – Hanmer Springs Day Tour
• Views along the route
• Soak in the Thermal Hot Springs
• Thermal Pools
• Nature Walks
• Many Adventurous activities (optional extra)
• Homemade picnic lunch and morning tea in a scenic location
Best Time to book
• Anytime of year
• 8-hour day trip
09.15 Pick-up from your hotel
10.15 Homemade morning tea in a scenic location
11.30 Hanmer Springs Sightseeing
12.30 2 course Homemade Picnic Lunch
13.30 Soak in the Thermal Pools
15.00 Leave Hanmer
16.00 Wine tasting in Waipara Valley
17.15 Return to Christchurch
• An Experienced & Knowledgeable, local Tour Guide
• Transport to and from Christchurch – Hanmer Springs
• Entrance fees to the Thermal Pools. Towels included
• Morning tea and a 2-course picnic lunch hamper made with homegrown, natural ingredients
• Priced from $285 per person