If you would like to experience staying in our home, which is a very typical New Zealand 3 bedroom home with ensuite double room on a 650 sq metre piece of land. We have an organic vegetable garden with glass house and herb garden. As much as possible we like to grow our own vegetables and use these in our cooking.
- Experience a genuine Kiwi home
- Free Internet access
- Free bus travel within the city
- Fresh organic produce with homemade cooking
- Opportunity for flexibility with your travel schedule. (very relaxed about itineraries..best to make your schedule once you have checked the weather out if you like a flexible schedule)
- Free pick up from airport or bus depot if stay longer than 3 days.
Our home is located in the suburb of Papanui some 4 minutes walk from Papanui Road, 7 minutes drive to the International Airport, 10 minutes walk to Christchurch s second largest shopping mall Northlands, and 10 minutes drive to the nearest golf course, 12 minutes to the beach, 15 minutes to some good fishing areas and just over an hour to the nearest ski field.
Whilst you are staying at my home you are most welcome to make use of our bicycles to go into town…15 minutes away.
The owner/operator Craig worked with us to arrange sightseeing activities, doing the calling to get tickets, preparing breakfast and driving us around. His place is a real house, not a luxury hotel so you feel like you’re staying with a good friend. He is also very knowledgeable about history, geography and the many activities possible around Christchurch. We learned a lot about New Zealand just chatting with him. The property has nice gardening, is located in a middle-class neighborhood and a nice walk to the shops for meals and shopping. It is also near a bus stop for getting downtown.